06 April, 2012

Phillip Island qualifying lap

I don't usually go nuts in qualifying sessions; usually I'm fine with just setting a reasonable time so I don't have to pick my way past n00bs at the start. But this session escalated into a real chase for thousandths of a second.

After getting taken out by virtue of a silly first-lap incident in a race in the fixed series, I decided that I should qualify if I wanted to survive my next attempt. It was a good session, and culminated with my fastest lap which started with 30 seconds left in the session. First sector was exactly as quick as my current best, I purple'd the second sector after nailing the next two corners and went a tiny bit slower in the last. Could have gone slightly faster, but we're only talking thousandths of a second so I'm cool with that :)

Here's the lap in question. It netted me a compliment from the Brazilian who posted a time only 0.08 seconds faster than mine, which is always nice!



Session details on iRacing

No comments: