11 May, 2006

NGPLS - Rouen

[Tuesday - 2nd of May]

Track Map

I'd been suffering from pedal spiking as early as before the WOSEC race, and my times were so badly affected that I decided to open them up and see what was the problem. After cleaning out a year's worth of dust and putting the pedals back together the spiking was gone, and my laptimes improved accordingly both in GTP and GPL. I qualified 5th on the grid, and was hoping for a clean and uneventful race so I could at least keep 5th.

I got a reasonably okay start, and slotted myself nicely in line still retaining 5th position. After a 100% clean first lap for (at least) the top eight drivers, quite a rare occurance, I passed the Ferrari of Vidar Langseid as he spun off down the ditch in turn two. I didn't see a single car apart from the ones I lapped (about two) until Scierie on the second to last lap, when Vidar had managed to reel in a 20-second gap in just under as many laps. But he promptly spun off in the following corner, and I could cruise in to what I easily consider to be my most consistant race ever.

No comments: