11 May, 2006

dLeague - Road Atlanta

[Thursday - 4th of May]

Track Map

I signed back up to dLeague a few days before the race, and didn't turn a single lap until the practise session on raceday. This time I decided to challenge myself and drive the Toyota, an often neglegted car in GTP. As some of you may remember, WOSEC raced here last season so I didn't have any problems learning the track but I was still off the pace. Somehow I managed to qualify third, but after the polesitter Jan Larsen got a black flag for some reason my row on the grid was pushed up one notch and I was on pole. But just as the safety car was pulling away to start the pace lap, disaster struck and I was disconneted. I managed to reconnect before the race started, but had to start from the pitlane and (as if to add insult to injury) one lap down. The original plan was to be smooth and consistant, but being a lap down I entered bezerk-o driving mode and was pretty much flat out. It was to be the end of me though, as I plowed into the wall between T3 and T4 and that was that.

I'm hoping to be able to mount more of a challenge at the next round.

No comments: