27 April, 2006

Vader Trophy - Solitude

[Wednesday - 26th of April]

Track Map

The start was an absolute mess, the field taking over a minute to actually make it through the first two corners. I'd started in 9th but due to me not getting too badly involved in the carnage, I crossed the line after lap 1 in 6th. A small spin late in the lap relegates me to 7th, and another one exactly one lap later puts me back down in 9th. On lap 6 I overtake Chris Kirk's slow Ferrari, I also get to practise my three point turn after spinning in the twisty section near the end. Two laps later I have a rather exciting completely sideways moment under braking for Schatten, but luckily my front wheels in the grass bring the car around and I continue unharmed. A mass disconnection on the next lap bumps me up to 4th, and that's where I (un-offically) finish. The offical result had a coutback to the last lap before the mass-disco, so I actually ended up in 8th.

They didn't call this place "Solitude" for nothing!

No comments: