01 April, 2006

NGPLS - Monaco

[Tuesday - 7th of March]

Track Map

The plan here was to not, under any cirumstances, crash. A tall order considering the track, but that's why I devised this cunning plan. Thinking everybody else would fall off and I'd just pick my way through the wreckage(s). During qualifying I slowed right the way down at the end of the lap to make sure I started near the back. This division in this league isn't exactly know for clean starts, so I thought I'd maximise my chances of survival by starting at the back.

Sure enough, there was a huge wreck in Saint Devote, and thanks to my low starting position I missed it all. The rest of the 31-lap long race consisted of me driving smooth and consistent laps while most of the rest of the feild crashed and burned. With only a handful of laps to go, I overtook the last car I would pass that race, and cruised in to a strong third position. The plan worked, and for the first time in a while, I was genuinely happy with my result in a GPL race.


No comments: