06 May, 2005

dLeague - Magny Cours

[Thursday - 5th of May]

Track Map

I had to reboot, due to me not being able to get into the server, and once I made it in the race had already started. Luckily I got to start from the pits (1 lap down) so I set off into 62 laps of pure mental and physical fatigue. Had a spin once every 10 laps or so, and got a black flag for spinning while cutting a corner, there is no tjustice in this world... A few cars fell out of the race and I eventally found myself all the way up in 7th place from 12th. But those bloody brakes started fading (despite my recent cleaning of them), so I pitted and recalibrated the wheel. Re-entered and everything was fine until around 5 laps left, when the wheel would spike to the left into the quick right-handers. The throttle also hung wide open into the last corner, causing some damage to the nose. Spun while cutting a chicaine with 1.5 laps to go, and just went for the finish. Punishing me for that would be like rewarding Tony Blair for accidentally killing Derek Bell.
The Finish

No comments: