06 May, 2005

Vader Trophy - Nürburgring

[Wednesday - 4th of May]

Track Map

I took Turn 1 niiiiiice and sloooooow. A bit too nice and definately a bit too slow for the dude who sent me flying in T3 (cheers, m8 :)). After waiting for everyone to pass I could embark on an übercrappy first lap, including the out-taking of a ridiculousy slow Lotus just before Kesselchen.

I saw a loose wheel passing "The Tree" on the nest lap, so I knew I was catching someone. I almost avoided a Ferrari/Eagle crash in the hedges (The wheel probably belonged to one of them), I only grazed the hedge so I continueed unharmed. No lift at Tiergarten, and a new lap. Unfortunately I El Crappified the triple left after Breischeid and smashed my poor Cooper against the wall, luckily I managed to stop the car and reset before anyone came and stole my position. No lift at Tiergarten this time either.

Around 30 seconds up to Stuart Knibbs so I pushed. But I had a lazy little spin just after the Karussell and the gap was up to around 50. Blitzed the next lap and the gap was down to 27, blitzed again but never got Stu within eyesight (although I heard him into T1 and Karussell on the last two laps).

All in all, a pretty lonely race with not too much going on after Lap 2.
The Finish

No comments: