01 April, 2012

Prototype/GT @ Silverstone - Stuck throttle

Results (image) - Results on iRacing

Qualified 8th, got away cleanly and set about driving consistently. Caught and passed Michael McCormick on L10 by going 3 wide with him and the lead Corvette down the Hangar Straight. Luckily the Corvette lifted off before the braking zone, but I was seriously worried he was going to muddle things up for us. Gradually started to pull away from Michael and was posting consistent times and new PBs all around. Was good to go all the way after one stop for fuel, and had a very quick stop compared with Michael. Due to attrition, I was actually running 3rd at this point.

Then as I caught the lead Corvette again, this time before Bridge, my pedals froze and I almost took him off the track with me. In hindsight would have served him right, because he was driving with his head up his ass...

No comments: