01 April, 2012

Fixed Prototype/GT @ Silverstone - Traffic plays a role

Results (image) - Results on iRacing

Got away cleanly in 8th, and settled into a rhythm. Got overtaken by Cédric Le Comte (who ended up 4th) and set about keeping David Sockrider behind me. I managed to scythe through the GT and Corvette traffic when we encountered it, and ended up with an 8-something second gap and running all on my own. Some of these cars were easier to pass than others, and some more obnoxious about it than others. There seemed to be a lot of "take" and not a whole lot of "give" on their part, which seems to be the way things go in the world of iRacing. Got held up by a few cars on the second round of lapping, and had mr. Sockrider up my chuff for the last 5-6 minutes of the race.

Things got really intense on the last lap of the race, where I caught the slow car of Dan Giang coming out of Chapel. He had just nerfed a Corvette off the track and was moving slightly towards the right side of the track. I moved right myself to try to get the inside but realised at the last second that this guy was going to block me all the way, so I Mansell'd him and went left, out-dragging him before Stowe. A fun race, and with no incident points to put a damper on things!

No comments: