01 June, 2006

Vader Trophy - Lydden Hill

[Wednesday - 24th of May]

Track Map

Woo, a short track, time for chaos! I'd done no laps beforehand, but for once that wasn't too big a problem due to the tiny length of this track. That doesn't mean I had an easy time driving the track though, because this baby is not only short but also very undulating. Add a quicker car wanting to pass every two corners and you've got yourself the lovely Lydden Hill circuit of death.

Can't remember how I qualified (can't be arsed to look up the replay this time), but it wasn't too much to shout about. I managed to thread my way through the T1 carnage, and from then on I was holding on for dear life. My fingers slipped momentarily, though, and I plummeted into the doom that is the tyrewall in turn three. The rest of the race can be summed up with: Angry driving, spin, angry driving, spin, get lapped by field, drive smoothly and catch back up with car ahead, have small scrap, have accident, have spin and fall back and finally having my PC freeze up with only a handful of laps to go.

An interesting track, just a shame that I sucked so badly.

No comments: