01 April, 2006

WOSEC - Spa

[Saturday - 25th of March]

Track Map

Richard Dickson qualified the VTR3 car 5th on the grid, with VTR2 and VTR1 in 3rd and 2nd respectively. He did one stint before I was due to take over for two fuel runs. Nothing too major happened during the two fuel runs, apart from the leading ruGTP car flipping me in the Bus Stop. I was trying to pit in, I announced my intention to pit in well before the braking zone, but he still managed to clip my right rear and send my flying. Luckily I had enough fuel to make it around the lap, but I wasn't far off running on mere fumes.

Aussie Neil Pearson then took over for a fuel run, and during it actually lost second gear. I do some testing offline, and manage to adapt the ratios rather well. Laptimes drop, obviously, but not by much. Now I have three fuel runs, all of which go smoothly and drama free. Except for a 10-minute period in the middle of the second fuel run in my final stint, when looking for the adjust spoiler setting, I accidentally set off Fraps capturing. As a result, my framerate drops to 20 FPS and my microphone suddenly doesn't work. This was obviously going on without my knowledge, so thank heavens it automatically stopped before it melted my HD. I then hand over to Neil Stratton who drives a stable two fuel runs to the finish. Final standings for VTR is as follows:

VTR1: 1st
VTR2: 3rd
VTR3: 4th

Gav got a stop/go penalty for speeding in the pits on his last stop in the VTR2 car while in second. Exiting the pits with 11 laps to go, the SFH car ahead was exiting Rivage. Twentey minutes later Gav had narrowed the gap down to single figures, and would surely have caught right up with him if he'd have had another lap. Below are three videos, one onboard with me live during the race and two onboard Gav during the whole of his alien-esque stint at the end.




No comments: