11 May, 2005

NGPLS - Watkins Glen

[Tuesday - 10th of May]

Track Map

I spent most of qualifying in vein trying to help someone get into the server, he was on his brother's PC with orders not to d/l anything. So he couldn't d/l the necissary programs to get into the server (long story short). My poor old veteran of a wheel (Logitech Wingman Formula GP) has gone senile, as you might already know after my dLeague race at Magny Cours. Both the wheel and throttle were spiking, plus pushing the brakes not even half way down would lock up the wheels. Because of this I filled up the car for 10 laps worth of fuel as I knew I wouldn't last 33 laps with the state of my wheel...

Needless to say I was way off pace. I started last, and the only reason it didn't stay that way was because of other people crashing. I miraculously avoided a massive crash at T1 on the next lap (or so) and stumbled on. Pitted brutally by smashing myself into a wall of hay (no time to lose, who needs those silly "brakes" thingies?) after a while and carried on, this is when the crappiness takes over. I get passed time and time again, and when I spin off in the loop after starting lap 16 I realised that this wasn't fun anymore. So I retired, sad but true.

1 comment:

Espen said...

Well,anyway,thanks for your help,Esben. Even though I didn't participate in the race due to the problem of the time running out.

By the way,a lovely Blog you've got here! :)