14 March, 2012

Fixed Prototype/GT @ Sebring - Starting from the pits is hell

Results (image) - Results on iRacing

Qualified 4th, I was ready to kick some tush! Oh, wait. The screen froze. Re-connect and it wouldn't let me enter my car with 5 seconds to go before the pace lap was about to begin. Still not allowed to enter my car after the field starts rolling. Re-connected again and I was finally allowed to enter my car, sitting in the pits.

Negotiated four Corvettes and a bunch of really slow HPD's. Frustrating, because it lost me a lot of time, but also funny because I pretty much only had to take a peek down the inside of a braking zone and they crapped their pants, letting me by. When I caught Niko Nägele in 8th place, I had to fight with every fibre of my body over the course of several laps before I was finally able to pass him. A good, clean fight; but it lost me a lot of time to the two guys ahead who I'm sure I would've managed to catch. Oh well! Such is the nature of racing...

No comments: