08 September, 2005

WOSEC - 6 Hours at Tunlanta

[Saturday - 27th of August]

Track Map

This was my best ever WOSEC race ever, despite me not having done a single lap before raceday. I was very consistent, rarely lapping outside the 1:17-1:18 range with the occasional 1:16 hammered in for good measure. 3 laps in the middle of my stint, however, were quite the mess due to a lapper not catching my hints about where to pass me. Causing me to go off in T1, and then go off several more times trying to make up the lost time.

Because of my very little practise, I only did one stint in this race. When I wasn't driving, our car had managed to get a stop&go penalty, get flipped on it's roof and have to cope with a fair amount of backmarkers! Despite all this, we managed to clamber our way up to 3rd place overall, a well deserved result if you ask me.

No comments: