26 September, 2005

NGPLS - Nürburgring

[Tuesday- 20th of September]

Track Map

It's the mother of all racing circuits, Nürburgring übes alle!

...and I haven't practised one bit. My copy of WinXP was, um, let's just say it was acting up. Managed to reformat on the day before the race, and got about three laps of practise in. I was experiencing a wierd swerve just before Quiddelbacher Höhe, so I wasn't able to drive 100% as I normally do here. Because of this, no laptimes were logged and I had no idea what to expect for the race, on the very next day. Good thing I know my way around here already...

I entered the server, did the usual outlap and first hotlap. But something was wrong, no laptimes were being logged on my pitboard. I did another lap, but the same problem happened: No laptime! Great. Here I am, at my favorite track, and the server is acting up by not registering my times! I feared the worst for the race, and sat around waiting for the qualifying session to end...

On the grid, second-to-last, and all the other cars disappear within 5 seconds of me arriving. This can't be good. I start off really slowly, well aware of the fact that cars might suddenly appear right in front of me. And that's exactly what happens, in the Südkehre. After picking the bits of debris from my teeth I set off again, slightly demotivated. The rest of the race can be summed up with: Cars disappearing, no laps regisered and severely demotivating. It turns out I ended up in 3rd, so theoretically I could have won the bastard! As I had several unnecissary spins and accidents (the latter beng due to the laggy stuff problems). All I've got to say is: Nice time to pick to be a crappy server!

No comments: