26 June, 2005

Vader Trophy - Oulton Park

[Wednesday - 15th of June]

Track Map

I knew there was going to be chaos at T1 so I sandbagged my way through qualifying, almost managing to qualify last. After the green flag was dropped, I engaged first and patiently (read: slowly) made my way toward T1. Sure enough a bunch of cars go off and this time I have loads of time to avoid them, but then I get blasted off the track in Cascades just after saving a huge slide. I reset the car and rejoin dead last, but pass 3 of the cars involved in a 5 car wreck in the hairpin. I pass the two remaining cars as they tangle into Knickerbrook and I'm all by myself in 8th.

I get caught by Gav exiting the hairpin on lap 5. Unfortunately I try to hard to make it through Druids quickly and I exit the asfalt. Needless to say Gav got by, as did Ian so I'm now in 10th. I then proceed to spin off at Cascades on lap 7, luckily without losing position. Then on the same lap, I make a meal of getting around the right hander after the hairpin, and I have a little excursion on the grass. The same happes, on the same lap, at Druids (Sim passes). Another spin in T1 on lap 9 while chasing down Sim, plus an off at Cascades... After a few laps without spins I pass Sim exiting the final corner on lap 13, and can let Neil through to lap me. Sim sneaks through down The Avenue, and we both spin out of Cascades. Of course he is allowed the first reset, so I had to wait twice as long before I could reset my car.

A few laps (and a stupid amount of spins) later I crossed the line in a lousy 11th.

No comments: