25 May, 2005

It's here!

My beloved MOMO Racing arrived at the post office yesterday at 15:00, and I picked it up 2.5 hours after that (had to wait for dad to come home+have dinner). As soon as I got home I went straight to the PC, put it all together and fired up GPL. Now I knew that there'd be no Force Feedback, since GPL was made before the days of FF, but it still felt a bit wierd. It also felt rather strange in GTR, but after increasing the sensetivity a few clicks it was perfect (despite the lack of FF). I raced around Donington all the rest of the night, trying to "find my car" until it was almost 23:00 and I had to go to bed, boo-hoo.

Had a few practise laps at Spa to get a feel for the track/wheel, and I now know how it works to put it that way. I still need to work on consistency, so I'll devote most of tomorrow to that. I'll also be re-formatting the PC to try and fix a few problems I've been having (not a virus, but it's messed up my fonts) and see if the FF will also start working.

1 comment:

Espen said...

Congratulations,Esben! I guess I have to buy a wheel myself. But,I will consider that later,as I think the wheel will be good enough for the EOGL or the NGPLS Summer league.

Espen. :)